What is SEO?
“Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the technique of increasing the quantity and quality of organic search traffic to your website.” Search engines read each element of your website before they determine where to position in their results pages. There are an enormous amount of factors that search engines take into account when displaying the results on their pages. The role of SEO in digital marketing is to identify those keywords and phrases that are most important to a business or website and help that website to rank more highly for them.
What is the Role of SEO in the Digital Marketing?
Search engine optimization (SEO) acts as an effective Inbound marketing technique with the main focus to increase the business’ reach to the target customers through Organic Search traffic.
SEO plays a vital role in digital marketing campaigns and it has become an Important part of the digital marketing industry.
When customers seek for services or products online using Google or other popular search engines, SEO makes sure that a majority of your potential customers reach your website. to make sure this, different website optimization strategies are implemented so your company gets one high ranking within the Organic Search.
Advantages of SEO in Digital Marketing:
Increased Traffic to Your Website – SEO can improve web presence of business in search engine results. And in turn increasing organic traffic to website.
Boosts Brand Awareness: Branding and SEO can work side by side. As more people visit your website, they learn about your products or services and your brand gets good exposure. and thereby increasing brand awareness.
Trust & Reputation: A lot of customers won’t buy things from businesses which doesn’t have good web presence. Customers depend on google to show the best results on web. SEO can help you build trust and show prospective customers why they pick your business.
Creates Inbound Leads Promoting conversion – When visitors reach your website by searching for a particular product or service, they are actually becoming your potential customers. Thus, SEO in digital marketing helps in generating more leads by leading the traffic to your website. This ultimately results in promoting sales.
Components of SEO in Digital Marketing:
Majorly there are three basic Components of SEO that can be strategized to increase website relevancy in in search results.
1. On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO refers to the practice of ‘optimizing’ web pages with high quality content surrounded around targeted keywords to rank them higher in search results. Some of the On-page SEO activities includes:
- Keyword Research
- Optimizing Content
- Adding Meta Tags
- Using HTML Tags
- Using Headers Tags
- Optimizing Meta Tags
2. Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO refers to techniques that happen outside of your site and involve attracting links from other websites, shares on social media, and mentions across the web that improve ranking of your website in search results. Some of the Off-page SEO activities includes:
- Link Building
- Social Media
- Social Bookmarking
- Guest Blogging
- Directory Submission
3. Technical SEO: Technical SEO Refers to process of meeting technical requirements of Search engines with sole objective of improving search ranking of website. Some of the technical SEO activities includes:
- XML Sitemaps
- Robot.txt File
- Canonical tags
- Structured data
- URL structure
- 301 redirects
Local SEO in Digital Marketing:
- Website ‘localization : Creating and optimizing content on website targeting local customers.
- Claiming Google My Business: is an important step towards helping your business display on Google services, such as local search results and Google Maps.
- Getting quality, relevant local backlinks : Links from the relevant local sources as well citations can improve your search visibility.
- Reviews and Rating Other Ongoing Activities: Genuine reviews are critical both for showcasing the quality of your service and for sending signals to search engines that your site and service are trusted and useful.
Latest SEO Trends in Digital Marketing:
- Enabling HTTPS protocol on website
- Optimizing websites for voice search
- Creating a mobile-friendly website
- Creating more videos content
- High quality and information rich content
If you liked this article, please leave a comment and let me know what you think about it. Also, share it with your friends who might find this useful.
Check out the below articles for some amazing content:
- Best Instagram seo techniques helps to skyrocket your growth – by digitalkowsi
- The ultimate guide to digital marketing for 2020 – by swarawebcare
- 5 Reasons For Startups To Invest In Content – by zenarrative